Fabrication & Supply, LLC
Natural Gas Conditioning
Gas Separation Systems
VOC Biofiltration Systems
|Granulated Carbon Systems
|Equipment Inspections - Installation - Rebuilds
Low NOx Burners
Benefits of Renting vs. Owning Air Pollution Control Equipment
We have a ready to use air pollution control fleet or can design a specialized system for your plant operations. Some of the available systems include:
Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC) Systems, Biological Oxidizer Systems, Wet Scrubbers, Regenerative, Catalytic and Direct Fired Thermal
Oxidizers. Rentals range from 6 months to 5 years with flexible options.
|Carbon Dioxide Removal System - Pressure Swing Adsorption
|Natural gas companies purchase natural gas with the requirement that its heat content is at least 950
BTU/cu ft. As a result, as much as 17% of natural gas reserves in the United States are labeled as
sub standard natural gas. CO2 is hence the major target for removal and upgrading significant
amounts of natural gas volumes of otherwise unsalable pipeline quality gas. A portion of the United
States CO2 rich low-BTU gas is trapped in moderate to small fields owned by stripper operators.
These smaller fields are not agreeable to natural gas upgrading technologies such as conventional
amine treaters and cryogenic separation because these fields cannot deliver large enough feed
volumes for profitable operations utilizing more traditional technologies.
Advantages of the CO2 Removal System
• Uses molecular sieve with the proper pore diameter sized for CO2
• Modular skid mounted units which are scalable as per changing natural gas feed stocks.
• Has a small real estate foot print.
• Has few moving parts (other than the vacuum blower and optional compressor).
and maintenance costs.
• Operates with minimal utilities which can be derived from natural gas engine.
• Can economically upgrade low-volume (30 mcf/d to 3 mmcf/d) and low-pressure (<30 psi)
• Molecular Sieve Towers from 24" to 96" diametersOperating Parameters
• Air or Electric Solenoid Valves
• Molecular sieve from 300 to 5,200lbs. Per Tower
• 5-500 HP Natural Gas fired engine
• Compressor unit/ Vacuum pump
• Condensate removal
• Surge Tank (Optional)
• Field Gas above 570 BTU/cub. Ft.Conversion Ratios
• Inlet pressure between 30 to 100 psi depending on BTU content.
• Venting CH4/CO2 from Adsorption Tank
• 64% to 68% of the feed gas by volume is upgraded from 570 BTU/cub. Ft. to 950+ BTU/cub.
Ft. with minimal heavy hydrocarbon fraction.
• Effective in adsorbing and then de-sorbing 98% of the entrained heavy hydrocarbons from a
feed stream of low-BTU gas.
• CO2 Rejection Plants works well on a average hydrocarbon content of 63% (CH4+ % mole) • The towers have to be evacuated (de-sorbed) from vent pressure 5 psi to maximum vacuum
which upgrades to a saleable stream containing around 98% of CH4+ (% mole).
10 psi to maximize heavy hydrocarbon recovery and to lower cycle time, which is inversely
related to plant throughput.
• Both CH4/CO2 content and the fraction of heavy hydrocarbons in the feed control the optimum plant settings and determine its efficiency.
• Plant settings, namely tower charge pressure and vent pressure, will have to be adjusted if feed composition (BTU and C2H6+/CH4+ ratio) changes over 10%; this may be controlled by use of a
programmable logic controller and functional Human Interface Screen. Greater amounts of heavy hydrocarbons in feed results in higher sales/feed ratio and thus better plant operating economics.
Low BTU Reference data:
- In general, the shallower zones tend to produce low-BTU gas.
- Hydrocarbon-wetness increases with age and depth of the producing zone.
- Given the limited data set available, the deeper formations appear to display
greater compositional ranges for hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon gases.
Toll Free: +1 (866) 467 - 9374
Main: +1 (918) 708-1253
© 2009 All Rights Reserved. Visit our sitemap page for more information or contact the Webmaster.
Implement proven equipment designs with
that achieves the required process result.
Results shall be based on reaction rates
and proper control logic.
Our Corporate goal is to implement the
correct design criteria with the use of
proper metals, instruments and controls to
achieve the required result with the least
amount of maintenance and associated
We pride ourselves in going the extra mile
and testing each piece of equipment
knowing that you are receiving correctly
designed equipment to meet your specific